Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Family Guy series 1 review

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Michael Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2004
    Posts
    1,039
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Family Guy is one of those shows that people love or hate, and often love TO hate. But with the tremendous success of the show on Adult Swim, and the surprisingly huge sales of the DVD's, it's no wonder that we've finally gotten action figures.

    Mezco has just released series 1, including Peter, Lois, Chris, Brian and two versions of Stewie - one in PJ's and one in his 'regular' clothes. There are also a number of paint variations on the eyes of both Peter and both Stewies, causing many groans from the completists. The review covers the whole line tonight, and it's quite a long one, with at least two dozen photos and around 3100 words. Did I like them? I don't want to ruin the surprise!

    You can check out the review at the usual:

    http://www.mwctoys.com

    And have a great weekend!

    Michael
    MWC

  2. #2
    Inactive Member toymank's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    6,855
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    man I need cash! these just showed up in the comic shop near me! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    oh, and um... *ahem*

    "All the card backs are identical, with relatively unexciting" maybe Im dyslexic, but, that last part confuses me [img]wink.gif[/img]


    "you with your big word, and your uh.... msaller, complicated words"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member thatchetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Posts
    2,675
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great review, as always.
    I liked the final picture the best: Dumb white-shirted men and their green-outfitted wives...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Michael Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2004
    Posts
    1,039
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, I was going to throught the Futurama figs in that shot, and then thought that it looked better as the all American animated families...

    Michael
    MWC

  5. #5
    Inactive Member thor16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2004
    Posts
    994
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For me, the sculpts just don't seem right... I loved the Simpson line, they got it just right, but these are a little off somehow. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe its the rotocasting.

    I might get Stewie, I'll have to wait and see him in stores.

    I had this same problem with King of the Hill. I love that show, but when I looked at the figures in person, the only one I really wanted was Gribble. (Still haven't gotten him yet though)

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ September 11, 2004 09:39 AM: Message edited by: thor16 ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member shypappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2004
    Posts
    3,666
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    These are fuckin great!! I can't wait anymore!!! I friggin want 'em NOW!!! [img]eek.gif[/img]

    ....but we don't have 'em here yet!!! [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member toymank's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    6,855
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the thing with the Simpsons is that it even had a 3D episode, so they not only had stuff to work with, but we had something to relate it to, the only time there was a 3D Peter was the guy in the suit [img]tongue.gif[/img] (which looked sorta like that!) [img]wink.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •